Livermore History - Railroads 2
|Previous Page||Page 1: History and aerial
Page 2: Southern Pacific Depot
Page 3: SP Depot reconstruction
Page 4: Western Pacific Depot (long gone)
Page 5: Misc.
Current Photo Pages:
SP Depot Today
Old SP Bridge over the Arroyo Mocho
See Also: Model Railroad at Fairgrounds, Niles Canyon Railway
Southern Pacific Depot
The Southern Pacific Depot, Prior to the 1906 earthquake (the chimney is still in place). Taken from across L street looking North East. The steeple of the original St. Michaels church (North side of East First near Church Street) can be seen on the right.
The restored SP depot in March 2003 looking North East. Note that the brick chimney has been restored. Several businesses now use the building. The box car is an entrance to one business. Just to the right of the box car in the background is the old Albertsons (Lucky) store. The Railroad Cafe is to the left of that, not visible behind the box car.
The Southern Pacific Depot after the 1906 earthquake (brick chimney gone). Looking North East.
The Southern Pacific Railroad Depot in Livermore, after 1906 when the brick chimney was demolished by the earthquake Looking North, and slightly to the east
The Southern Pacific Depot around 1920
The restored SP depot in March, 2003 looking east.
The Southern Pacific Depot and Park, believed to be in 1906, following the earthquake. Likly in the summer. Looking east
contains 128 pages of Livermore Historical photos and commentary.
It is available for 19.99 plus tax at the
Livermore Heritage Guild History Center at the Carnegie Building.
Click here for more information
|About These Photos|