eLivermore.com - By Bill Nale

 

The SP Railroad Depot

Back to: Home Page  -  Main Photos Page  -  Livermore Sites Main Page

The old SP Railroad Depot is located near the southeast corner of Railroad Ave. and L Street.  The tracks used to run along its north side before they were realigned in 1976.  The depot was built in 1892 and restored by the Livermore Heritage Guild in the mid 1970s

See also the History of the Railroads through the Valley.

 

These plaques are on the south side of the depot.
The text on the lower one reads:

LIVERMORE SOUTHERN PACIFIC DEPOT

This railroad station having been located
about half a mile west of the old town of
Laddsville, on land owned by Wm M. Mendenhall,
established the location of the town of
Livermore.  The first Depot was a Freight
car that was soon replaced by a building
in 1891.  This building burned, and by August
1892 a combination passenger and Freight
Depot was built

Dedicated April 13, 1991
by Joaquin Murrieta  Chapter 13
E. Clampus Vitus

 

Web Page Copyright 2003 eLivermore.com