eLivermore.com - By Bill Nale

 

Livermore History - Businesses 8

Back to: Home Page  -  Main Photos Page  -  Historical Photos Main Page  -  Sign our Guestbook

   


More Livermore Business pages

   
Previous Page   Businesses
Page 1:  The Mill of Mills Square, Diamond Flour Mill
Page 2:  Inside The Hub, Furniture, and other stores
Page 3:  Creamery, Soda Works
Page 4:  Arrow Bakery, Restaurant, Menu, Cheese Factory
Page 5:  Drilling rig, Sporting Goods, Telephone office, French Laundry
Page 6:  The Valley Garage, Valley Hardware, Machine Shop
Page 7:  Butcher Shops & Markets, Carriage Factory, Building Supply
Page 8:  Blacksmith, Feed Store
Page 9:  Dutcher's Hardware Store
Page 10:  California Transfer Company, Service Station
See Also:  Downtown - Joesville - Stables - Wineries - Hotels
 

Next Page

Schrader's Blacksmith, Transfer Co, Service Station, Feed Store

 


Schrader's Blacksmith Shop. Where Civic Building is now on Livermore Ave, south of Pacific. Note the tall column of Horseshoes.
Date of these photos is unknown, but they are probably before 1913, when Fred Schrader died.


Another view, probably later.  Yard is full of farm machinery.
Sign on building in back:  "Smoke Old Judge Cigarettes".  "Warehouse" is below.  The area in between can't be read.


Bernhardt and Calldedeih Blacksmith shop. 2nd & L St (SW corner)
1. Henry Calldeweih
2. ?
3. Roy Bernhardt
4. Tony Silva
5. Al ?


McVicar's Blacksmith shop. Railroad Ave & North I. Manufacturers of Hay presses. About 1906.

 


Lassen Bro's Flour, Feed, Grain & Coal
Located on L St, between 1st and the railroad tracks.
Sign above door: "Poultry Food Prepared Here"
The building on the left is probably Anspacher's warehouse.
It appears to be raining, with a lot of water on the ground. 
This photo is likely taken during the flood around 1906-07.

Next Page

Photo of Early Livermore Cover Page The Book
Early Livermore
contains 128 pages of Livermore Historical photos and commentary.
It is available for 19.99 plus tax at the
Livermore Heritage Guild History Center at the Carnegie Building.
Click here for more information

About These Photos  

Web Page Copyright 2003 eLivermore.com