Livermore History - Washington Hotel
Hotel on the east side of L St, between 1st and Railroad.
Washington Hotel: Was on the SE corner of 1st and L.
Valley Hotel: On the SW corner of 1st and L. The Annex on the right remains.
Livermore Hotel: By the flagpole.
See Also: Downtown - Businesses
See Also: Farmers Exchange - Valley Hotel
The Washington Hotel was built around 1871 at the South East corner of 1st and L Streets. An Annex to the hotel was completed in 1903. It became the Palace Hotel in August 1914. It was sold to Mallys in April 1916, and eventually became the Mallys Annex (Mallys was located between J and K streets on the south side of 1st).
The hotel was eventually torn down in May of 1941, apparently catching fire about a week after demolition began.
Drawing of the Hotel from the Thompson and West Alameda County Atlas, 1878. Residence of the owner, A Bardellini, on the left
About 1910. Note that the balcony has been removed and the 3rd window from the right is now even with the others. It was presumably a door to the balcony earlier.
The same intersection today (March, 2003)
Now the Palace Hotel
Later became Mallys Annex.
contains 128 pages of Livermore Historical photos and commentary.
It is available for 19.99 plus tax at the
Livermore Heritage Guild History Center at the Carnegie Building.
Click here for more information
|About These Photos|