eLivermore.com - By Bill Nale

 

Livermore Rodeo Parade 2010
2010 page 8 of 1
5

Back to: Home Page  -  Main Photos Page  -  Events Photos Main Page - Rodeo Parade Page  -  2010 Parade Page


More Parade Photos:

Previous
Page
Historical Parade Photos
Late 1800s through 1953

Rodeo Photos
2004 - 2007 - 2009 - 2010

Parade Photos by year:
2001 - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 - 2017

2010 Parade - Index to Entries (on 2010 Parade Page)
Page 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15

Next Page -->

All of the photos contained on these web pages are also available at my photo sharing site at:
www.elivermore.zenfolio.com/rodeoparade.
On the photo sharing site they are at full resolution (suitable for making prints), and may be downloaded for free.

The rodeo parade is on Saturday morning of "Rodeo Weekend", which is the second weekend of June.  It is held on 2nd Street.  These pictures are from June 12, 2010.
Over 1000 photos were taken.  If you would like the photos of your entry, please email webservant@elivermore.com.  There is no charge.
All Photos by Bill Nale

Entries 137 to 142
Descriptions are from the Rodeo Parade Script that was used by the announcers.


#137 - Livermore Rodeo Rockettes
Second Place, Novelty Unit Senior (see awards section)
 
The Livermore Rodeo Rockettes !! This year they are graceful ladies with a hula theme. These ladies practice their paces at the Livermore Dance Centre with the Currin Lee Dancers. They have performed in 14 Rodeo Parades and have two Sweepstakes Awards and numerous first place awards in their trophy case. Dance keeps them young in spirit and they love to share their passion with the community year round. Their motto is "Keep On Dancing".

 

 

 

 

 

#138 - Livermore Veterans Foundation
 

Livermore Military Families, a support group that meets monthly for
Livermore Valley families who have loved ones serving in the Armed Forces.
 
Livermore Veterans Foundation. They are a non-profit organization who's mission is to support our troops by facilitating access to resources, both private and public, through partnering with business, government and civic organizations. Driving is President Warren Booth, a Vietnam Veteran, Sgt. in the Marines. He is accompanied by Board Members Leslie Haas & Daryl West. They are followed by "Livermore Military Families", a support group that meets monthly for Livermore Valley families who have loved ones serving in the Armed Forces. This grouped was launched by Livermore residents Tami Jenkins and Cindy Gavello (both have sons serving in the U.S. Army). Need support, contact Tami or Cindy. With them today are the Warrior Watch Riders, dedicated to honoring our nation's heroes at home by supporting their families. They provide escort at various events, including honor guards for fallen warriors returning home. Their motto is "They have our backs over there, we have their backs here at home".
 

The Warrior Watch Riders
 

 

Snow Cones for Sale!!
 

#139 - Junction Avenue Middle School Advanced Band and Color Guard
Comprised of 7th and 8th grade students, the band has had a great year, topped off by a rating of "superior" at this year's Music in The Park Festival. The Color guard has also received many accolades, including 1st and 2nd place trophies in this year's competitions. They want to thank all the parents for their continued support.

 

 

#140 - Livermore's First Motorized Fire Truck
Livermore Heritage Guild
This 1919 Ford Model-T Chemical Fire Truck was the very first motorized fire truck owned and operated by the City of Livermore. The truck has been recently restored by volunteers from the Livermore Heritage Guild. It has a 50 gallon chemically pressurized water tank so it can operate without being hooked to a fire hydrant. Garry Bausch is the driver and Christine Thompson is his co-pilot. Part of our history right here for us to see!
 

#141 - 1920 Seagrave Fire Truck
Livermore Heritage Guild
More of Livermore's past, this beauty is a 1920 Seagrave Fire Truck and is not yet completely restored, but obviously well on its way. This was the first commercially made fire truck ever purchased by the City of Livermore. It was purchased in 1920 for $10,750 and was used from 1920 to about 1960. It was acquired by the Livermore Heritage Guild in 1980 and restoration began in September 2008. The truck has a 6 cylinder, 1,012 cubic inch, 110 horsepower engine which drives a 800 gallon per minute water pump. Painting was donated by Tri-Valley Auto Body and transportation today is provided by Allen's Automotive Towing. Riding on the truck are many of the volunteers who are restoring it. The truck is stored at the Lincoln Highway Garage at North "L" St. and Portola Ave.
 

#142 - 1944 Mack Fire Engine, Livermore Heritage Guild
Susan Junk, Bill Junk, Jeff Kaskey
Formerly Engine #22 of the Livermore Fire Department, it was a first line pumper until the 1960's and remained on reserve for all stations, until 1973. It has been restored and maintained by the Livermore Heritage Guild.
Third Place, Novelty Unit Senior (see awards section)
 

 

Next Page

Copyright 2010 eLivermore.com
For electronic copies of your parade entry (all entries were photographed) contact webservant@elivermore.com
There is no charge.