The NEW Livermore Flagpole
|Previous Page||Main Flagpole page
Flagpole Removal, Oct 7, 2004
Flagpole Removal 2, Oct 7, 2004
New Flagpole - June 17, 2005 (evening)
New Pole being Assembled - June 17, 2005
The Flagpole is Raised - June 17, 2005
Dedication (1) - July 4, 2005 - the ceremony
Dedication (2) - July 4, 2005 - raising the flag
Dedication (3) - July 4, 2005 - people
Dedication (4) - July 4, 2005 - the flag
100th anniversary of the flagpole(1) - Sept 9, 2005
100th anniversary of the flagpole(2) - Sept 9, 2005
Historical Page 1: Dedication, other events, and history
Historical Page 2: Events at the Flag Pole, the flag at half Mask
Postcard (available free of charge)
The new 120 foot fiberglass flagpole was installed on June 17, 2005. It is about 3 or 4 feet west of the old pole. The stump of the old pole is still in the ground. The flag will be first flown on July 4th, at a dedication ceremony beginning at 9:00am.
The flagpole cost $40,000. Total costs,
including removing the old flagpole were about $171,000. The old flagpole
as dedicated on September 9, 1905 (installed on September 5th) and removed on
October 7, 2004. It has been moved about 15 feet in 1959.
See the History of the Flagpole, and historical photos.
These photos were taken the evening on the day the flagpole was installed
Taken from about the same angle as the photo on the eLivermore.com postcard.
Taken from the top of the parking garage.
The Bank of Italy Building is on the right (red brick)
From the middle of 1st Street (the street is currently torn up for downtown renovation).
Flagpole Being Assembled
About These Photos
Web Page and photos Copyright © 2002, 2003 eLivermore.com