|Previous Page||Page 1 -
Pictures from the balcony.
Page 2 - The Pleasanton Sign, gas station, Museum.
Page 3 - Several Buildings
Page 4 - Kolln Hardware, Antique store, Meadowlark Dairy, Railway station
Page 5 - Main Street at night
Page 6 - Cheese Factory, Pleasanton Hotel
The Cheese Factory and the Pleasanton Hotel
The Cheese Factory on Main Street. Two restaurants now occupy the building.
The Pleasanton Hotel. Now a Restaurant. See below for description.
See Photos inside, the day before it closed
Text on Plaque:
In 1864, five years before the first railroad arrived in Pleasanton, John W. Kottinger demonstrated his faith in Pleasanton's future by building the community's first hotel, The Farmer's Hotel. The building was purchased by Henry Reimers in 1891 and burned to the ground on Mar 18, 1898, and re-built. At one time the hotel was called the Riverside Hotel, after a minor fire in 1915, the structure was renovated and re-named the Pleasanton Hotel.