eLivermore.com - By Bill Nale

 

Livermore History - Wineries - Ruby Hill

Back to: Home Page  -  Main Photos Page  -  Historical Photos Main Page

   


More Livermore Winery pages

   
Previous Page   Page 1:  Raboli, Pioneer, Chateau Bellevue Wineries and a Postcard
Page 2:  Mont-Rouge and Vienna Wineries
Page 3:  Cresta Blanca
Page 4:  Pressing Grapes, at Cresta Blanca
Page 5:  Bottling and other functions at Cresta Blanca
Page 6:  Ruby Hill old building
Page 7:  Ruby Hill new building

See Also:  Harvest Wine Festival Page 1 - Page 2
     Old & New Ruby Hill Winery - 19 page section
 

Next Page

The Ruby Hill Winery was built in 1887 and burned in the 1989.  It is located off of Vineyard road, about a mile west of Isabel.  The building was demolished in 2002, and a new building, designed to look very much like he original has been constructed, using the original bricks for the facing.

The Mitchell Katz Winery is located at the new building.  Their tasting room has a number of photos including several of the spectacular fire in 1989.  Their web site contains additional photos also, including the demolition of the old structure and construction of the current one.  The tasting room is open Saturdays and Sundays from 11:00 to 4:00.


The new winery building.  Photo taken on March 29, 2003


The original winery


The new building under construction.  Taken August 8, 2002
The new building is a Tilt-Up, but will use bricks from the old winery on the outside.


Another view from further west, taken on August 8, 2002.


September 28, 2002


October 19, 2002

Next Page

 


About These Photos  

Web Page Copyright 2003 eLivermore.com