Livermore History - Wineries 2
Page 1: Raboli, Pioneer,
Chateau Bellevue Wineries and a Postcard
Page 2: Mont-Rouge and Vienna Wineries
Page 3: Cresta Blanca
Page 4: Pressing Grapes, at Cresta Blanca
Page 5: Bottling and other functions at Cresta Blanca
Page 6: Ruby Hill
See Also: Harvest Wine Festival Page 1 - Page 2.
Mont-Rouge and Vienna Wineries
Adrien Chauche's Mont-Rouge Vineyard & Winery, Livermore. Located on the west slope of Oak Knoll cemetery near Granada High School. The buildings were built in 1885 and burned in 1931. Chauche died about 1896 and his brother-in-law Charles Bon took over the business until Prohibition.
Mont-Rouge. AG Chauche (Adrien Chauche). Mont-Rouge Winery at Oak Wood
Mont-Rouge cellars, Charles Bon Propr., near Livermore. Picture of water tower & winery from the side.
Vienna Winery, Jos Altschul, Proprietor. 1896. Also shown in the picture below.
Vienna Winery Estate of Dr. Joseph Altschul. 1896. The house is shown from a different angle below. The winery is to the left of the house. To the right of the house is the carriage house. The house was built in 1896 and still remains. The winery was built in 1893 and demolished in 1958. It was located just east of highway 84 east of the Ruby Hill housing area.
Residence of Dr. Joseph Altschul, owner of Vienna Winery. 1896 This house is now a private residence.
contains 128 pages of Livermore Historical photos and commentary.
It is available for 19.99 plus tax at the
Livermore Heritage Guild History Center at the Carnegie Building.
Click here for more information
|About These Photos|