Livermore History - Independence Hall (Old City Hall)
McLeod Building: Where the
Bank of Italy building is now.
Sweeney Opera House: Was on the SW corner of 1st and McLeod
Independence Hall: On the SE corner of 1st and McLeod
Independence Hall, page 2
Masonic Hall: SW corner of 1st & Livermore.
Schenone Building: South side of 1st near Livermore.
Others: McVicar's Hall, Forrster's Hall
See Also: Downtown - Businesses
Independence Hall (the Old City Hall and
SE corner of 1st St and McLeod
City Hall and the fire station, probably in the 1950s.
Fire Chief Al Binne & Mayor Louis Gardella
Fire Trucks in front of the fire station
Independence Hall today. A similar, but different street light is present. It is now metal instead of concrete. The building is now used for various shops. The jail can be seen on the far right.
The old jail, on McLeod Street. Independence hall can be seen on the left edge. The windows still have the bars on them.
Words on the larger plaque:
Livermore Town Hall
Jail, and Fire House
Built 1875 this building was first a
Hotel, then the Livermore Valley Bank.
It was the Livermore Town Hall from
1905 to 1957. The jail was in the rear,
and to the left the Fire House. It was
here a light bulb was lit and continues
to burn to this day.
Joaquin Murrieta Chapter 13
E Clampus Vitus
October 5, 1985
contains 128 pages of Livermore Historical photos and commentary.
It is available for 19.99 plus tax at the
Livermore Heritage Guild History Center at the Carnegie Building.
Click here for more information
|About These Photos|